Square Boy franchisees can call anytime and receive fast answers from someone who knows both them & their store – someone who cares. The Head Office staff are available to provide help any time it is needed. This on-going support is provided at no cost to all franchisees.
Wayne is the owner & president of Waymar Food Service Ltd. and has been since he established the company in 1979. A considerable amount of time & money has been spent on business development. Therefore, Waymar has the strongest possible vested interest in expanding and creating a return on its investment. The following areas are under his direct supervision:
- Product Development
- Policy changes & all major decisions are approved by Wayne
As General Manager of Waymar Food Service his duties include the following:
- Fully responsible for all aspects of store operations. Provides advice regarding operations, staff, food costs, production scheduling, inventory control, personnel management, payroll, maintenance and sanitation schedules.
- Assists with site planning & development, store layout & design, store opening supervision and arranges for training & ongoing support.
- Negotiating product contracts & arranging for volume discounts.
- Initiates all advertising & advertising campaigns (radio, television & print).
- Assistance advice for cost control, building sales and instituting an effective marketing plan for individual locations.
- Product development, selection & testing to ensure a quality product at competitive pricing.
Terrie has been with Waymar Food Service since 1989. She is familiar with our franchise system and can assist with general and administrative inquiries regarding store operations. Among areas covered:
- Creates, updates & distributes store manuals, guides and charts and all franchise newsletters, memos, notices and correspondence.
- Processes school, royalty and advertising claims and credits.
- Liaison with the public seeking corporate sponsorship and/or donations. Basic information is provided to her and is then approved through the General Manager. After approval the required vouchers, etc. are prepared.
- Covers all aspects of customer service from ingredient inquiries, hours of operation, locations and customer complaints.
- All franchise agreements are generated at this level.
- Tracking store sales and monitoring individual store progress is done here. This information is then passed on to the General Manager for follow-up weekly.
- Co-ordinating large events (i.e. Golf Tournament, Walk for MS)
- Updating royalty & advertising figures
Waymar’s plan is to maintain excellent service, fair pricing, steady innovation and consistent quality, supported by strong advertising, public relations and local-market promotions. At Square Boy Head Office there are staff who can answer questions about everything from the correct oven cooking temperature to the fine tuning of a financial spreadsheet. Franchisees can call anytime and get answers. While the franchisee is in business for himself, the Head Office organization is there to provide assistance when required.